Tuesday 8 December 2015

Bah Humbug! It's December, again - 17 more days to go

I am digressing in a round about way ...


I hate this time of year because of the traffic. If I go out, I am not going out for the fun of it. I am going out because I need to. I am not going out to shop, unless I really have to. I have taken to ordering most of my needs online. Much more civilised, and I do not have to negotiate supermarket shelf window shoppers. 

And, so, the act of going out, involves a purpose. The purpose of tutoring. With extra traffic on the road, my journey time is extended - what a waste of my time. With extra traffic on the road, my car, although efficiently blue, is contributing to my carbon footprint. I would take the bus, but then I would need three times the normal travelling time at the very least. So forget that option.

With extra traffic on the road, I end up eating half a bag of Marks & Spencer midget gems. Not because I like them, but because they remind me of my childhood and they were on offer the other day. 

My poor teeth. My poor digestion. I shall have to go on a sugar-free diet now after being so disgusting. This is what traffic does. It makes me eat half a bag of sugar!



OK, so I did walk into a shop, but that was only because it was on my way home from somewhere else. Stupid thing to do as I then spent nearly an hour in traffic for a journey that should have only taken me 10-15 minutes maximum.

So, another reason to hate Christmas.

My son would be proud.

And, in this way, I reach my digression. Orangutans and penguins. Both impacted by our insatiable appetite for carbon based energy. 

Orangutans choke in the peatbog fires and penguins will probably have no where to live one of these days.

Maybe we should introduce the two? Just as I have done - after all, Christmas is supposed to be about bringing people together.



Bah Humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment