Thursday 25 December 2014

BAH HUMBUG - It's December again! And today is Christmas Day!


Six Forty 2014


Get up! It’s time and Santa’s been,
Bounced boys with voices oh so keen.
Just look at that beneath the tree,
I wonder if they’re all for me?

I slipped downstairs to cook the lunch,
They might get hungry was my hunch.
Buried under paper mountains,
Sting and ribbons flew like fountains.

How did you know I wanted that?
Lego, books, and toys for the cat.
This day’s completely crammed with fun,
I sigh as it’s only just begun.

The veg are prepped and oven’s on,
We’re eating turkey not roast swan,
There’s pudding, cake and mince pies too,
I think that’s quite a lot to chew.

And when at last we’ve eaten all,
On to the sofa we’ll all sprawl.
Before we start our exercise,
I might just close my tired eyes.


Sarah Froggatt © 2014


Even the cat decided that he should be sitting at the table:


No comments:

Post a Comment