Saturday 14 December 2013

The Tweflth Day Before Christmas - Bah Humbug

A trip to Vivo City, strange cavernous shopping mall that booms and echoes and causes total sensory overload. A place to get lost in - yes I got sort of lost, but found a shop selling chocolates, which was not what I was looking for. In fact, the shop I went to find had - closed down. 

Bah Humbug or what?

So, I battled my way around Ikea instead. It was swimming with people not really shopping, just milling around, more shoaling than schooling in fish-like circles.

There's a thought: a tongue twister: 


A Singapore Shopping Centre, Swimming with Shoaling Shoppers

Shoaling fish move around independently but together in a connected manner, where as schooling fish, move in a co-ordinated manner.

Shoaling fish forage for food. Schooling fish move in a tighter formation and use this as a means of protecting themselves against giant or other predators, unless of course it's a trawler net.


Rather informative little video I found about this:



BAH HUMBUG

Well, I ran out of 12 days of Christmas because the 12 days start from Christmas Day, not from 1st December. I knew that anyway, so I suppose veggies might be a good idea instead? I'll wait until Christmas to post those.....



Note to self, count 12 days after Christmas Day and mark it down to dismantle the Christmas tree. Goodness, dismantling a tree? In the efforts to be eco-friendly, we now dismantle trees rather than chop them up and put them on the fire.




No comments:

Post a Comment