Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Seventh Day Before Christmas - Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug, it's 18th December - that means I only have 7 days left of anticipation, or in my case, 7 days to wrap gifts and see if i can possibly find those last minute stocking fillers.

But before I do any of that, I have an unexpected English tuition lesson to give. So I have to stop being bah humbug for 90 minutes and focus on some grammar, conversation and story writing. It was a challenge as in spite of asking for the lesson, my cheey pupil decided to be tricksy and have several moments of "never regaining consciousness" when faced with vocabulary and comprehension work. 

Some coaxing and laughter later and the lesson was concluded. As I was out already I decided that I needed wrapping paper, mince pies and chocolates. So I also picked up a few other things that I did not really need and saw my purse loose weight. 

Note to self, there is a school concert tomorrow evening, better not forget.


I like mince pies, but not with meat. I remember my Mum had a jar of mincemeat and I would sneak a spoon of the uncooked stuff while we were making mince pies. I even managed to find a jar of it here in Singapore - with good intentions to bake my own. Whoops, haven't done that yet!




Bah Humbug, why are there always school concerts at the end of the year? And why are mince pies not filled with minced meat?


No comments:

Post a Comment