Friday 27 December 2013

The Third Day/Veg of Christmas - I've Run Out of Humbugs

Today is the third day of Christmas, there are no more humbugs left. We still have a lot of chocolate and most of the turkey has gone, thank goodness.

Yesterday was Boxing Day, a public holiday in many European countries, and a tradition in England. Not so where I live, Singapore, everyone goes back to work. So yesterday I made a stack of pancakes, did a load of washing and worked on my book. I think that counts as going back to work.

Today, I think we should bake some bread.



And here is:

THE THIRD VEG OF CHRISTMAS




The third veg of Christmas my true love sent to me,
Three French Beans.

They are best flash cooked for about one to two minutes, absolute max, in slightly salted boiling water. Drain, then add a knob of butter and toss the beans. Serve immediately. Somehow they taste so much better than they did when I was a child - they were extremely green then.

No comments:

Post a Comment