Tuesday 10 December 2013

The Sixteenth Day Before Christmas - Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug, it's 9th December. Monday, again, really? Ooh, that's the title of one of the chapters in Mitchell Muffin and the Rotten Eggs - reminds me I must buy some more eggs.

One son too tired to go to school today, Monday-itis or just not getting enough sleep?

Today seemed to be spent not really doing anything I should have done. Is this what is called winding down for Christmas? Maybe I need one of those wind up thingies like a wind up toy, so that I start my brain?



Wind up toys were originally only for royalty! Leonardo da Vinci created a wind up lion for King Louis XII. 

By the end of 19th Century, tin wind up toys were being produced, they all but disappeared when the battery powered toy was introduced in 1960s. However, nostalgia reigns and now you can find many tin and plastic wind up toys that are a perennial favourite. Who needs computer games?

BAH HUMBUG

Wonder if I can find 9 wind up ladies dancing, or even wind up 9 ladies who might be dancing?

No comments:

Post a Comment