Wednesday 25 December 2013

No More Days to Christmas - Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug, it's 25th December - that means it really is Christmas Day. It also means it is the FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS.

Yes, Christmas Day is the first day of the 12 days of Christmas that lead up to Epiphany. Everything leading up to Christmas was ADVENT - hello! That's why we have advent calendars, although, most parents and children seem to have forgotten what they are really for and just want the chocolate and unrelated picture inside.

If you go back to my earlier post on buying reduce-priced advent calendars you'll know what I mean! The twenty-first day before Christmas

"So this is Christmas," to coin a phrase from John Lennon. And while war is not over, sadly, there was also another war going on in my poor head - sleep and risk forgetting or just get up and do it now?

The good job was that Santa-Mum had an inbuilt - gosh I nearly forgot - alarm clock. It woke me up at 2am so that I did not leave the big gift in the store-room! 




Now I positively, absolutely, ridiculously need to get some more sleep. I look more like Halloween than Christmas ;)


It's only 7 o'clock, 


please, please go back to sleep. 
I just want one more hour, 
They're gifts, go have a peep,
I get up very early
On any other day,
I know I have to cook 
The lunch and stuff today,
But one more little hour,
And then I'll have my shower.
Whoops, it's the turkey, not the day you stuff 


Bah Humbug - I've been tricked of my sleep - which reminds me, mint humbugs (which incidentally, have nothing to do with the real meaning of humbug), are the most disgusting sweet ever and although it pains me that their sales are in decline, I am not pining. - Ha, ha, pining, pine tree - ah never mind, Bah Humbug.

And for those of you fed up with turkey, sausages, hams and whatever else you stuffed your faces with, now for:


THE 12 VEG OF CHRISTMAS


The first veg of Christmas, my true love sent to me,
A parsnip in a pear tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment