Saturday 7 December 2013

The Eighteenth Day Before Christmas - Bah Humbug

Bah Humbug, it's 7th December. A whole week of "days before Christmas" has been and gone and done!

I woke up with a headache and I have to pack the car and take my goodies and books off to the Nexus School Christmas Fete.

Few chores before I leave: sweep the leaves, put the washing on and get some breakfast. Whoops, better make sure the boys have breakfast and brush their teeth.

Oh my goodness, was it noisy or was it noisy? At least the venue was busy, although I am not very good at leaping over my table and grabbing people by the collar and demanding they buy something. I shall never make sales woman of the month.

We sold a few books, a few Christmas cards and some nick-nacks. Sadly, no-one was tempted by the iPhone covers.




The afternoon was more cerebral: a tutorial with my IB pupil who had to write an alternate ending to Ibsen's play: Ghosts. The outcome was amusing as well as rather clever. Well done Alex!


BAH HUMBUG

I wonder where the seven swans have swum off to?

When I was young, I was always scared of swans as I thought if I got too close to the river, they would clamber out onto the bank at top speed and break my leg!

No comments:

Post a Comment