Sunday 14 December 2014

Bah Humbug. It's December again - 11 days to Christmas

Bah Humbug, it's 14th December.

Where did the last two weeks go? Now I only have 11 days to left.

I always wondered why it couldn't be right instead of left. I mean what is wrong with that?

I digress. 11 days, that isn't even two weeks. I came home from shopping yesterday, tired and weary. I had to stand in a queue and mingle with too many people who were peri-gyrating around the shops.

Gosh I hate Christmas, what a Bah Humbug.

Today, I seem to have wasted half of it deciding whether to remove the capitalisation from the beginning of each line of Eric and the Volcano, or whether I should stand by my conviction of being a semi-purist poet.

That out of the way, I decided to try and unblock the semi-blocked kitchen drain. That really did not work.

Oh toilets! Bah Humbug, another waste of my time. 
Half the day gone ...

With that I gave up.

How can I feel "seasonal" when I am unblocking a drain in a t-shirt and shorts? Living in the tropics where the the weather is far from even semi-Christmassy - even when it rains, it just stays hot and sticky, which might seem nice, but not all the time - the only seasons are hot and rainy and not quite so hot and rainy.

Bring me a Christmas sweater. Then maybe I might verge on feeling quasi-seasonal.

I suppose I could crank up the air-con to freezing, but then I'd be increasing my carbon footprint, which is not a great idea, especially since we were shown a public awareness and do your bit video before watching The Penguins of Madagascar yesterday.

Did I say penguins? I wonder what they would do on a tropical island?

Oh, yes, now I remember, they sit on the beach tanning their faces.

On the subject of Penguins, I re-watched a perfect example of perfect emotionally-binding marketing, which brought tears to my eyes and made me feel slightly, if not rather Christmassy.


I wonder if I will get a penguin for Christmas?


BAH HUMBUG

No comments:

Post a Comment