Friday 18 December 2015

Bah Humbug! It's December, again - 7 more days to go

One week to go ...


The home straight as some might say. But we are not in a race. Or are we? Surely, not? I feel like I am under starter's orders. 

And, they're off. 

It's the turkey in the middle, closely followed by the roast potatoes with rosemary, and the little sausages making a dash for it.

Fast coming up on the left flank are the carrots and are those turnips or parsnips? hard to tell, they're moving so fast. 

Oh, my gosh, but look, the turkey is stumbling over the gravy boat. Oh my goodness, the turkey is stuck, it's wallowing in the bread sauce.

Is it all over?

The mince pies are going to pieces over a glass of milk.

It looks like it's all over.

And, what's that? Just look at those peas, rolling around in the mint. Well, have you every seen anything like it?

The Brussels sprouts seem to be stinking everyone out, which means the Christmas lunch is all but stuffed. 

Definitely, all over.

But, no. Wait.

No, it's a rank outsider, the Christmas pudding and brandy sauce is coming fast into view and there we have it. Christmas pudding, ridden by brandy sauce is the clear winner for the day.

Whatever didn't run, will be for dinner tonight.


Last day of school for the year - which is a relief as it means I might just get another 30 minutes in bed in the morning, before the cats decide to wake me.

So, for teachers and pupils everywhere, I dedicate this little poster of Christmas nouns that I have used this month to bring a Christmas theme to learning grammar.

(© Christmas Nouns, Sarah Froggatt 2015)

If you would like a properly scanned in copy in pdf, then you will need to contact me ...


And, as I cannot be bothered to write anything else today, as I have too much reading to do ...  here's the next installment of down the chimney ...


DOWN THE CHIMNEY ©

 My brother went to fetch a stool,

To reach the poor old fool,

While mother clapped her hands with glee

And went to make some tea.


Dad tugged and tugged at Santa’s cape,
To help old Nick escape,
But the cloth just ripped off in his hand,
Not really quite as planned.


Oh, goodness, Bah Humbug and double Bah Humbug.





No comments:

Post a Comment